The Israeli army said a "senior operative" was detained overnight in Arraba near Jenin in the northern occupied West Bank.
The terrorist was identified as Tareq Qa'adan.
He added that despite the UK's attempts to suppress it, "Palestine" survived thanks to the martyrs who had given their lives or been imprisoned for fighting for their country and carrying out terror "operations" against Israel.
The Israel Defense Forces arrested a senior Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) commander in the northern West Bank Monday morning.
Channel 2 news, citing high-ranking military officials, said the army deployed the batteries countrywide, especially in central Israel, and tightened security on the Gaza border after Islamic Jihad threatened to avenge the killing of 10 of the group's fighters when Israel destroyed a cross-border tunnel on Oct 31.
The group condemned the arrest, calling it the "latest escalation" by occupation forces against its members and the Palestinian people.
The IDF Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) Major-General Yoav Mordechai sends a stern message to the Gaza terrorist regime.
In the video, Mordechai said that Israel is "aware of the plot that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad is planning against Israel", and warned that "any attack by the Islamic Jihad will be met with a powerful and determined Israeli response, not only against the Jihad, but also against Hamas".
Amid the ongoing implementation of a reconciliation agreement between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that Hamas would be held responsible for any attack carried from Gaza. "We will react forcefully to whoever tries to attack us or attacks us from any arena". This arrest may have been a preventive action against a pending attack in the Samaria area.
- HTC Vive Focus standalone VR headset launched
- Jio offers 100GB of additional data to Oppo phone users
- AWS just sold some of its cloud computing infrastructure in China
- Alleged Hardik sex video surfaces, he says not surprised
- Gwent Police appeals for "unlawful" guns during two-week surrender
- Ardern planning 'substantive' Manus talks
- Trump asked for Xi's help in UCLA players' shoplifting case in China
- Voting begins today for striking Ontario college faculty
- New 'Justice League' Concept Art Features Batman, Flash, & Cyborg
- SoftBank: No final agreement on Uber