Alongside this announcement, HTC also unleashed its new VR development platform, which will be utilised by the Focus. Only time can tell if the Taiwanese company will bring the Vive Focus to our shore, but there is still hope as the HTC Vive is here so there is a chance the Vive Focus will make an appearance too. Therefore it seems likely that those companies intent to integrate Vive Wave into their hardware. Offering a AMOLED display, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and featuring inside-out tracking with 6 degrees-of-freedom, as well as content on Vive Wave and the existing Viveport platform.
HTC Vive report it is concerned by the continuing fragmentation of the VR market, particularly in China. With over 35 content creators, based in China and across the world, involved in creating content for Vive Wave, HTC seems to be banking on the open platform unifying VR. HTC said that the no-hassle publishing system would support Viveport for PC VR and mobile VR content.
The VR headset is also optimized by Vive Wave VR open platform where developers can add VR-ready content. The company said that it handed out 500 priority vouchers to developers who were present at VDC 2017. On the other side of the field, hardware manufacturers will finally be able to standardize their devices in order to boost VR experience across the industry. HTC is also accepting applications for Vive Wave developer kits through the Chinese Vive developer hub. While Oculus executives have outright noted that they are not particularly interested in making money off of hardware sales, there aren't many other options for HTC which has done a poor job of becoming a platform company in the U.S. despite being first-to-market. Graylin only made it clear that there won't be a Daydream version of the Focus yet, as HTC is, ahem, "focusing on the Focus for China" for the remainder of this year.
During the summer, HTC revealed some details about its cable-free VR headset.
Richard's love for gadgets was probably triggered by an electric shock at the age of five while poking his finger into power sockets for no reason.
- BharatNet 2: Central government will sign MoUs with the states
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week, 13-19 November 2017
- Meet the Lenovo Moto Tab, an interesting tablet coming soon to AT&T
- Trump's Asia trip ends as it begins: shadowed by Russian Federation
- Demi Lovato Skips A Shirt Underneath Her Suit At The MTV EMAs
- Now, use Google Home speaker as home intercom
- Watch trailer of Fukrey Returns: Funniest tale of 2018
- Lambie to quit parliament over citizenship
- FBI Reportedly Launches Probe Into Judge Who Sentenced Meek Mill To Jail
- Bublé plots United Kingdom comeback after son's cancer torment