Global children's day is celebrated on 1st of June and 20th of November is celebrated as universal children's day.
November 14 is the birth anniversary of independent India's first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It is also a common practice to distribute gifts like clothes, toys and books to orphan children on this day.
Pune Children's Day was celebrated in various parts of the city.
Children's Day: Nehru was born on November 14, 1889 and is affectionately referred to as Chacha Nehru.
At Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya (NMV), primary school children enjoyed the day by celebrating with specially abled children form Seva Sadan Dilasa Kendra. Institutions also arrange food including candies, chocolates, gifts to make them feel special.
On this day, chocolates and gifts are often distributed among children, while schools organize different events.
Children are synonymous with innocence and happiness. He was widely admired internationally and why not children!
"On Bal Diwas, let us rededicate ourselves to spreading more awareness about various facets of child rights and securing these rights for our children".
In 2000, the Millennium Development Goals observed by world leaders in order to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS by 2015. But after his death, it was unanimously chose to celebrate his birthday as Children's Day.
In New Zealand, Children's Day is celebrated on first Sunday of March, in Spain on second Sunday of May and first Friday of January in Bahamas.
- Gwent Police appeals for "unlawful" guns during two-week surrender
- Dimitrov marks debut with narrow victory over Thiem
- Security scare at Orlando Airport prompts review
- Alleged Hardik sex video surfaces, he says not surprised
- Trouble for Mugabe as Zimbabwe military threatens to step
- Trudeau raises concerns with Duterte over bloody drug war in the Philippines
- Trump arrives in the Philippines, Duterte sings him a love song
- Emerging after shock resignation, Lebanon's Hariri says he will return 'soon'
- Taliban kill 27 police in security post attacks in Kandahar province
- Demi Lovato Skips A Shirt Underneath Her Suit At The MTV EMAs