Regular reality shoes, television soaps and films are shot at the Annapurna Studios on a daily basis. Four fire trucks took about two hours to extinguish the blaze completely, police said.
Exact cause for this fire accident is yet to be known but initial reports say it is due to the short circuit. There was only physical damage to the sets.
It is reported almost eight movie sets gutted including that of Manam and Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy. Talking to the media he recollected the last days of his father spent on the set shooting for Manam. Due to the heavy traffic, the fire tenders arrived late and the staff members had to barricade the studio to prevent people from entering.
"But I'm very happy that none is hurt and after all, it is a set. It's only a set; we can afford to lose a set but not lives", he said. It could be around Rs 2 crore.
- MCL injury to sideline Aaron Jones 3-6 weeks
- Israel raises security alert after threats to Islamic Jihad
- Keller Group plc 59% Potential Upside Indicated by Liberum Capital
- Lebanon's top cardinal calls for Hariri return ahead of Saudi visit
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup for first time since 1958
- Bengaluru girl urges Modi to declare chronic type 1 diabetes a disability
- Saif Ali Khan Gifts Son Taimur A Expensive Car On Children's Day!
- AWS just sold some of its cloud computing infrastructure in China
- Luxury and Comfort: Emirates Unveils Design of New First Class Cabin
- Tesco Booker deal gets provisional green light from CMA