Regular reality shoes, television soaps and films are shot at the Annapurna Studios on a daily basis. Four fire trucks took about two hours to extinguish the blaze completely, police said.
Exact cause for this fire accident is yet to be known but initial reports say it is due to the short circuit. There was only physical damage to the sets.
It is reported almost eight movie sets gutted including that of Manam and Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy. Talking to the media he recollected the last days of his father spent on the set shooting for Manam. Due to the heavy traffic, the fire tenders arrived late and the staff members had to barricade the studio to prevent people from entering.
"But I'm very happy that none is hurt and after all, it is a set. It's only a set; we can afford to lose a set but not lives", he said. It could be around Rs 2 crore.
- Keller Group plc 59% Potential Upside Indicated by Liberum Capital
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup for first time since 1958
- Meghan Markle officially won't be returning to 'Suits'
- EgyptAir signs letter of intent for up to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- Tesco Booker deal gets provisional green light from CMA
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Trump asked for Xi's help in UCLA players' shoplifting case in China
- Crude Oil Steady As OPEC Sees Strong Demand
- So Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Fight Conor McGregor?
- Israel raises security alert after threats to Islamic Jihad