The team late announced Freeman has a concussion and would not return to the game.
Freeman exited in the first quarter after taking a hit from Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens. Freeman and the Falcons agreed to an extension during the offseason to make him the NFL's highest-paid running back with a $41 million deal, featuring $22 million in guarantees.
The Falcons will be going into next week's Monday Night Football matchup against the Seahawks without Devonta Freeman, who suffered his second concussion of the season on Sunday. He rushed for at least 1,000 yards in each of the past two seasons.
Freeman is Atlanta's leading rusher with 515 yards and 5 touchdowns on the season. He was concussed in our game last week and should've been taken out.
Lee, a first-team All-Pro past year, left the game in the first quarter because of a hamstring injury and his return was listed as questionable.
Freeman missed two preseason games after suffering a concussion in a practice in August.
- Brookfield wants to buy mall-owner GGP for $14.8 billion
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Currently Broken
- The massive cost of replacing Kevin Spacey in new film
- Roman Reigns returns tonight to reform Shield for dream Survivor Series match
- Controlling the Indo-Pacific: India, US, Japan Australia resurrect quadrilateral dialogue
- U.S. hate crimes rose during fierce 2016 election, Federal Bureau of Investigation stats show
- Walmart will open Thanksgiving, offer early discounts
- Trump asked Chinese president for help over arrested UCLA basketball players
- Two missing Chinese students in Canada may be victims of ransom scam
- New guidelines will mean millions more diagnosed with high blood pressure