"I mean, it's like c'mon", host Rita Ora hyped the crowd at the 2017 MTV EMAs on Sunday (Nov. 12), before introducing "the gorgeous Shawn Mendes". The night's big victor, Mendes, sung his best song-winning track "There's Nothing Holding Me Back" from a huge light box.
Other winners at the event, which celebrates the worldwide music scene, included Coldplay (for best rock act), Dua Lipa (for best new act) and Zayn (for best look).
French DJ David Guetta, who performed in front of the youthful crowd, won for best electronic act.
Louis Tomlinson, from the boy band One Direction, landed the best United Kingdom and Ireland act. One recent example was her appearance at X Factor where she performed in a live show only wearing a top a pair of knickers, with most viewers making fun of her by saying that she forgot to wear her pants.
Irish band U2 collected MTV's Global Icon gong, previously awarded to Queen, Whitney Houston and Eminem.
Source Music said the six-member act became the first girl group to receive the award since its inception in 2013, beating K-pop rivals such as Wanna One, Highlight, Mamamoo and Seventeen.
Check out footage from Liam's performance below...
British R&B singer Rita Ora performed the hosting duties, as well as a mashup of her 2017 hit "Your Song", alongside her new single "Anywhere".
Eminem also won the award for Best Hip Hop artist over Drake, Future, Kentrick Lamar and Post Malone.
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week, 13-19 November 2017
- Taliban kill 27 police in security post attacks in Kandahar province
- Watch trailer of Fukrey Returns: Funniest tale of 2018
- Museveni and Sudan's Bashir discuss trade, diplomatic relations
- Newton, Panthers hammer Dolphins 45-21 for 3rd straight win
- BharatNet 2: Central government will sign MoUs with the states
- Meet the Lenovo Moto Tab, an interesting tablet coming soon to AT&T
- Another woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her
- Trump's Asia trip ends as it begins: shadowed by Russian Federation
- Emerging after shock resignation, Lebanon's Hariri says he will return 'soon'