The England global has not featured all season because of the issue and it is understood that he will face a further lay-off after having an operation on Monday.
Klopp had earlier said on Clyne's injury, "Nathaniel is working hard on his rehab and we have kept a close eye on his progress, but the reality is we are looking at some time still before he is back and available for selection". That's how back problems are.
The right back has not played since the final game of last term and had been sent to see specialists all over the world in an attempt to pinpoint the cause of his problems.
"If I was Liverpool, I would try to hire (Watford manager) Marco Silva as his replacement". "I know need to get more game time".
Details of Clyne's injury did not emerge until he was omitted from the Reds' Champions League squad in late August - a move that meant Liverpool were relying on Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold for half of the season, with the two youngsters both being inexperienced as the season began.
Mane, who featured in the Reds' win at West Ham on November 4 after five games out having been injured on global duty, is due back at their Melwood training ground on Tuesday.
"I am told it will be longer than just a couple of weeks, so we will continue to monitor and assess".
The 26-year-old will have to fight for his place at club and worldwide level, with his replacements prospering in his absence. We have to make him 100 percent ready.
It is understood that fellow midfielder Adam Lallana is approaching full fitness from a thigh injury of his own and is continuing to work on his individual programme rather than take part in full training.
- Trump's Asia trip ends as it begins: shadowed by Russian Federation
- A Hitman TV Series Is Currently In Development
- Giants owners in statement: 'Ben McAdoo is our head coach'
- Another woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her
- Red Sox Player Has Perfect Game In World Series
- Newton, Panthers hammer Dolphins 45-21 for 3rd straight win
- Taliban kill 27 police in security post attacks in Kandahar province
- Watch trailer of Fukrey Returns: Funniest tale of 2018
- GE cuts dividend as it looks to 'reset'
- Facebook and Messenger will now share the same Stories