Last month, Goddard gave McGregor a formal warning when Bellator was in Poland. Now, I don't know what they are going to do. "I'll come back for that fight", De La Hoya said.
"So, when you're seeing someone that you're that close with, with two bad defeats and then has a great victory in front of his hometown crowd...he got a bit emotional, jumped in and he didn't realize that the fight had not actually been called". As Bellator 187 in Dublin, Ireland this past Friday, McGregor's SBG Ireland teammate Charlie Ward appeared to knock out fellow middleweight John Redmond with just one second left in the opening frame. "That's when I lost it. F**k yous all", McGregor wrote.
While McGregor won't meet the same fate as High - he is far too valuable to the UFC - it would be surprising if he does not face some censure.
He told Helwani that the UFC have pulled McGregor from a UFC card slated for December 30th, for which the Irishman had apparently been included on up to now.
Except Oscar De La Hoya doesn't think his fight would last that long.
Within two hours, I had executives from the UFC contact me to say that it was completely unacceptable in their eyes, and that they would be doing something. McGregor was not a licensed participant for the event as a cornerman, entered the cage and put his hands on an official.
However, Mazzulli has now told ultra-reliable MMA journalist Ariel Helwani that the UFC will be pulling McGregor from their event on December 30 - UFC 219 - as a result of his actions. "So, I do commend UFC to some extent for doing that".
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Currently Broken
- What Gianluigi Buffon did during Sweden's national anthem vs Italy
- MS Dhoni responds to criticism seeking his ouster from India's T20 team
- New hijab-wearing Barbie inspired by Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad coming soon
- Controlling the Indo-Pacific: India, US, Japan Australia resurrect quadrilateral dialogue
- Donald Trump Asked Chinese President for Help With the UCLA Shoplifters
- Another dozen Penn State fraternity brothers charged in Tim Piazza hazing death
- Liverpool Could Leave Final Decision on Philippe Coutinho Future to Jurgen Klopp
- LeBron James, Cavs teammates take NY subway from shootaround
- Two dead after shooting at Cousin Stizz concert; rapper issues statement