In a shocking incident, a woman was allegedly burnt alive by a classmate who had been stalking her for a month. The victim's mother Renuka (44) and sister Nivedha (20) also sustained severe burn injuries while trying to rescue her. On Monday night, he went to her house around 8.45 pm and told her family he wanted to speak to her.
A 21-year old woman was set afire allegedly by a former schoolmate for declining his marriage proposal, police said today.
Akash then splashed petrol on Induja and used a lighter to set her ablaze..
The suspect, 23-year-old Akash, a science graduate, who was pursuing Induja against her wishes was arrested following the incident.
As per The News Minute, Aakash, who lives in the neighbourhood, landed up outside Indhuja's residence on Monday night. "In a fit of rage he took out a bottle of kerosene and set her on fire and tried to escape when the neighbours caught him and handed him over to the police", said a police source.
He had taken along a yellow plastic canister, police said, and first threatened to commit suicide by setting himself ablaze outside the house.
Neighbours, hearing cries, rushed to help the family and rushed them to hospital. While Renuka and Niveditha suffered burns when they tried to save her, Akash tried to flee from the place.
Induja died before she could be taken to a hospital.
The victim's uncle, who spoke to the media, said that Akash knew about Induja's father was working overseas and therefore was not at home, which is why he came to the house.
Induja's father was not at home at the time, according to NDTV.
- So Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Fight Conor McGregor?
- AWS just sold some of its cloud computing infrastructure in China
- Trump arrives in the Philippines, Duterte sings him a love song
- Happy Children's Day: Images, Quotes and Speech
- Tom Sizemore allegedly violated 11-year-old girl, removed from film set
- Voting begins today for striking Ontario college faculty
- Ardern planning 'substantive' Manus talks
- Lebanon's top cardinal calls for Hariri return ahead of Saudi visit
- NOAA's next-generation weather satellite JPSS-1 set to launch Tuesday
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume