Earlier this month it was revealed that Juli Briskman, the cyclist who went viral after sticking a middle finger up at Donald Trump's motorcade, had lost her job due to the protest.
The crowdfunding effort comes after Briskman claimed she was called into her employer's office and let go.
While riding her bike, the 50-year-old marketing executive found herself the anonymous subject of both praise and condemnation after she clearly and definitively shot her middle finger to Trump's passing motorcade on a road in Sterling, Virginia.
In last one week more than 3,000 donations - from United States dollars 5 to USD 250 - have rolled in, when the GoFundMe campaign was set up on behalf of Juli Briskman. "I have connected with Juli and she has been officially setup as the beneficiary on this GoFundMe campaign", Rob Mello, who started the fundraiser last week, said.
Three days later, the 50-year-old marketing executive was sacked by her company, government contractor Akima.
"Juli Briskman is an inspiration to us all", the donation page read.
She added: "Basically, you can not have "lewd" or "obscene" things on your social media".
A GoFundMe campaign with a $100,000 goal was set up eight days ago. "So they were calling flipping him off 'obscene.'" she told HuffPost after getting the pink slip. All proceeds are being donated directly to Juli.
She said: "I was shocked and anxious about many things: How would I pay for healthcare? As the campaign beneficiary, she will be able to post updates and comments, so stay tuned!"
A GoFundMe page was launched by the public to help out the Internet hero, and now Briskman has more than $80,000 raised in her name.
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Conservatives Try to Sneak 'Religious Freedom' Into Australia's Marriage Bill
- Venezuela in selective default, says credit ratings agency
- A SUPER MARIO Movie May Be in the Works
- Blue House: South Korea to hold summit with China on Saturday
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup for first time since 1958
- Saif Ali Khan Gifts Son Taimur A Expensive Car On Children's Day!
- Saudi Arabia to reopen Yemen's air and seaports within next 24 hours
- World's Earliest Wine-Making Dates Back to 8000 Years, Experts Reveal
- Burglars dig 30 feet tunnel and looted bank in Mumbai