The 24-year-old has been at the centre of attention surrounding Manchester United recently, with fans creating a controversial song for their £76m striker that has since been banned.
Lukaku scored seven goals in his first seven games in the Premier League to silence concerns about his ability to perform for a top club such as Manchester United.
Romelu Lukaku has admitted it is a relief that he's got back into goalscoring ways with a double while on worldwide duty with Belgium.
His barren streak stretched back to September and coincided with a hard period for United in the league but Lukaku never doubted himself.
"When you face a team like us it's hard for opponents", Lukaku concluded. "Him (Ibrahimovic) coming back will help us chase Manchester City".
"It's a relief but I knew it would come", he told Sky.
"I feel great to be honest".
"It motivates me really because he's another good player to add to the squad", Lukaku said while on worldwide duty.
"I was born to score", the striker proclaimed.
What's it going to take for Manchester United to get back in the Premier League title race and potentially catch table toppers Manchester City? However, he did bag a brace last night for Belgium, in an worldwide friendly, and after the game he compared his abilities in the box to a leopard.
With Henrikh Mkhitaryan struggling of late, Ibrahimovic, who scored 28 goals last season, will help take the goalscoring burden off of Lukaku's shoulders.
"We can create more chances and more goals".
"I think when I signed everybody was asking questions", the Belgian stated on recent criticism of himself. "And I think starting so well surprised a few people." .
- Olivier Giroud explains why he rejected a chance to join Everton
- North Korea soldier flees after being SHOT by OWN side
- Rob Kardashian Gave Baby Dream a Mini Mercedes for Her Birthday
- Friends rally around Liam Miller as footballer faces cancer battle
- Unstoppable 'Golmaal Again' crosses Rs. 200-crore mark at Indian Box-Office
- Denton apartment floor collapses, 50 residents displaced
- Knicks fire back at LeBron James' pointed comments, praise rookie Frank Ntilikina
- Salman Khan shares first look of Race 3!
- Rarely seen 'living fossil' frilled shark caught off Algarve coast
- Injury fear sees Mane make early Liverpool return