On Saturday, it was revealed he sustained a right knee contusion and he will be evaluated in four weeks.
Dion Waiters went after a loose ball during Friday's contest and fell into Gobert, which caused his knee to bend inward.
"I've never been a dirty player in my life", Waiters said Sunday prior to the Heat's game against the Pistons in Detroit.
"Obviously, it will be a difference", Gobert's teammate, Derrick Favors, exclaimed after witnessing the injury. He missed the following game, however, a 114-106 Utah win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday before being ruled out for an extended time.
"I was feeling a little sore".
Waiters said he would have preferred Gobert discuss the incident in private instead of spreading his opinion on social-media. I didn't even know that was him. But it could have been potentially been a worse injury.
The 7-foot-1-inch center is now averaging 13.9 points, 10.5 rebounds and a league-best 2.5 blocks per game in his fifth National Basketball Association season. He tweeted, "Dove for the ball right ..." accompanied by video of the play. "Kind of like the same thing that happened before on my MCL so my knee just went inside and kind of popped inside and back out", an irate Gobert is quoted as saying by Desert News. He is now the frontrunner to win the Defensive Player of the Year award.
The Jazz are 6-7 this season.
- Kylie Jenner Sparks Travis Scott Engagement Rumors With Massive Diamond Ring
- Steelers beat Colts on last-second field goal
- Poles march alongside other European nationalists in Warsaw
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers snap five game losing streak against New York Jets
- Gossip columnist Liz Smith dies at 94
- Goff getting MVP better as the season heats up for the Rams
- Iran Urges France to Make Regional Allies Opt for Rationality
- Cristiano Ronaldo: How many children does he have & what are their names?
- Liam Payne Takes the Stage at MTV EMAs 2017
- Trump sarcastically responds to Kim Jong Un insults