The Galaxy A5 (2017) has a model number of SM-A520.
While there is no evidence to suggest the name of the new device will be the Samsung Galaxy S9 Mini; it makes sense.
A Samsung phone with model-number, SM-A530N, understood to be Galaxy A5 (2018), has been listed on the U.S. government-run FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and also received the necessary certifications, which are mandatory to get before it enters the market. Some rumors are already out on the phone like the location of the fingerprint scanner will be moved to a new position so that it becomes more reachable by a single hand.
It is also being speculated that Samsung may use Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 SoC which could be seen as a stiff competitor to the Exynos 9810 SoC, in its Galaxy S9 products.
The Galaxy A5 (2018) will sport a 5.5-inch Full HD+ Infinity display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels, while the Galaxy A7 (2018) will feature a 6-inch Full HD+ display with a similar screen resolution.
Under-the-hood, it is said to house Samsung's proprietary Exynos 7885 processor backed by 4GB RAM. Hopefully, we may also come across a dual-camera variant.
The report adds the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 got FCC approval on November 9.
It is also worth noting that there have previously been rumours of mini versions of both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S8, but neither of those were ever released. The upcoming phone Galaxy J3 (2018) will come up with connectivity features like Bluetooth, GPS, 4G, and WiFi.
Do you think Samsung will skip Galaxy A3 (2018) or will it arrive with a regular display?
- Gossip columnist Liz Smith dies at 94
- Rain showers and chilly temperatures for the Colts game
- Felipe Massa: Brazil send-off felt like a win
- Korean president arrives in Philippines for ASEAN meetings
- Refocused: Jacksonville Jaguars 20, Los Angeles Chargers 17
- Cristiano Ronaldo: How many children does he have & what are their names?
- Iran Urges France to Make Regional Allies Opt for Rationality
- Steelers beat Colts on last-second field goal
- Roy Moore: Allegations are 'desperate attempt to stop my political campaign'
- 49ers targeting date for Jimmy Garoppolo's first start