Among all the national teams that competed for the qualification to the World Cup in the different continental federations belonging to FIFA, Morocco has emerged as the team with the best defense in the world.
The Atlas Lions then doubled their lead just five minutes later through Captain Mehdi Benatia's neat finish off a corner, ensuring Herve Renard's men finished top of Group C and the only team in the overall qualifiers, which did not concede a single goal.
Morocco and Tunisia will join Nigeria, Egypt and Senegal as the African sides in Russian Federation next summer.
This is the fifth time Morocco qualified to the World Cup after Mexico 1970, Mexico 1986, United States 1994, and France 1998.
Belgium has a large Moroccan community, making up 4 per cent of the population. A vehicle was also burnt during the riot.
Riot police soon intervened and brought things under control, using a large water cannon to handle wild Moroccan fans that were reportedly hurling stones. Street signs and furniture were also destroyed or damaged. Police tweeted that some people threw objects at officers during the celebrations.
The violence was condemned by Belgian interior minister Jan Jambon who said: "Unacceptable aggression in the centre of Brussels".
The result took them up to 12 points, four clear of the Ivorians in second place, confirming their return to the World Cup for the first time since 1998, when they were eliminated in the group stage.
- Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman claims Larry Nassar sexually abused her
- Rob Kardashian Gave Baby Dream a Mini Mercedes for Her Birthday
- Biden unsure if 2020 run 'appropriate thing for me to do'
- Presidency denies Zuma was going to announce free higher education
- Alex Anthopoulos Reportedly Will Be Named Braves GM
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Return Will Boost United League Title Hopes Says Romelu Lukaku
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Currently Broken
- Saad Hariri says he will return to Lebanon 'very soon'
- Chinese splurge £19bn in 'Singles' Day' shopping spree
- Olivier Giroud explains why he rejected a chance to join Everton