Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were caught on camera shoplifting from three stores inside a high-end shopping center, which includes Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Salvatore Ferragamo stores.
After facing 3-10 years in a Chinese Prison, LiAngelo Ball and his two UCLA teammates have the commander in chief in their corner fighting to get them out of China and back in the states as soon as possible. Xi promised Trump that the players would be treated fairly and expeditiously, according to the Post.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed in an email to the newspaper that Trump raised the issue with Xi. The three players have not been allowed to leave China after being accused of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store near the team's hotel in Huangzhou last week. None of the three played in the team's exhibition game against Georgia Tech on Saturday. They were released on bail last week, but were told to remain in Hangzhou until the legal process was completed. Chinese lawyers told Yahoo Sports' Dan Wetzel last week the UCLA basketball players could serve between three and 10 years in prison, but the US official told Nakamura their charges have been reduced. LiAngelo Ball is the most well known of the three arrested players, but Hill and Riley are both consensus top 100 recruits who were part of a UCLA recruiting class ranked among the top five nationally.
LaVar Ball, his wife Tina and son LaMelo had breakfast with the UCLA team in Shanghai on Wednesday morning.
- Contracted Soviet-derived spaceplane Dream Chaser makes successful glide test
- Arkansas QB Cole Kelley arrested and charged with DWI, careless driving
- Japan's SoftBank may secure stake in Uber
- Benzema: Sex tape affair could be reason for France exile
- Kaepernick Snags GQ's Citizen Of The Year Title
- LDF meet entrusts CM to decide on Chandy's resignation
- MS Dhoni responds to criticism seeking his ouster from India's T20 team
- 2 soldiers martyred in attack on Pak-Afghan border checkpost: ISPR
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Loot Crates Guide
- European Union signs landmark new defence pact