In the letter sent to the compensation committee and National Football League counsel, it stated Jones "has discovered a number of very concerning issues", including a contention that Blank has "misled" the owners not serving on the committee and that "critical facts" have been misrepresented. There appears to be some controversy surrounding the validity of the report, though.
The conference call, first reported Saturday by The New York Times, marks the first call since Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones voiced his displeasure about the contract extension that the committee has been discussing. The requests have thus far been turning head in a negative way among the NFL's elite, with one owner saying that the demands are "offensive" and "unseemly".
Indeed, the league office said this week that Goodell's contract, which will be worth over $200 million in total and run until 2024, should be formally completed soon, and acknowledged that, in response to his unusual actions, Jones was no longer allowed to serve as an ad hoc member of the Compensation Committee. That, coupled with the continued fallout from the player protests during the singing of "The Star Spangled Banner", have resulted in Jones' threat to sue the league if any such deal with Goodell goes through.
As one unnamed owner (Jones?) told ESPN, "S$3 everal owners in this league who don't make $40 million a year". "He can stand to show some humility, but he won't listen to staff".
"Everyone should remember at the spring meeting in Chicago, 32 owners - 32-0, a unanimous vote - authorized the compensation committee to enter into negotiations and offer the commissioner an extension to his contract of five years to 2024".
It really should not be that big of a surprise to these owners that Goodell is asking for an exorbitant out of money.
"I don't sense that at all from him", said a source close to Goodell on whether or not he will leave the job "He has said he's committed to it".
Owners also feel that outside issues are destroying the product. "It's just killing the game".
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction: How and where to watch the planetary event
- Redskins' Maurice Harris Makes One-Handed Touchdown Catch
- FX severs ties with Louis CK
- Marquez takes pole, Dovizioso starts 9th in MotoGP finale
- San Diego Stairwell Collapse Injures 21 Children In Barrio Logan Gym
- Volunteer firefighter arrested after killing another firefighter at crash scene, .21 BAC
- Lions activate Taylor Decker from PUP list ahead of Browns game
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Photoshop Rumors, Calling Out The 'Haters' With New Pics
- Trump offers to 'mediate' on South China Sea disputes
- Cristiano Ronaldo: How many children does he have & what are their names?