"(I told him) I am a footballer, you are my coach and I respect you but you have to respect me also as a footballer.
He has since demanded explanations from Deschamps that have not been forthcoming, and with the France coach having recently extended his contract to 2020 after clinching a place at next summer's World Cup, Benzema, 29, is all but resigned to his worldwide exile being extended. "I'm a football player, you're my coach, I respect you, respect me as a player".
"It felt that he though they were amusing and the truth is that if he was someone that I respected, then in that moment I lost my cool".
In 2009, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson tried to strengthen United's attacking line by signing the promising French talent, Benzema, but the player chose to join Madrid, so Ferguson made a decision to sign Owen from Newcastle United.
"(Ronaldo) is more selfish than me, but that's normal", the French worldwide was quoted saying by Spanish website Marca. And it doesn't bother me.
"We forgot the athlete and what I can bring in".
Benzema also gave his opinion on the current situation of his former Lyon teammate Hatem Ben Arfa, who appears to have no future with PSG after being frozen out under Unai Emery. "That is not a political answer", he said. "I don't need to see what he does with France, only what he does in the Champions League". Today, he is back to zero again. I hope that he will bounce back. "Perhaps he is not motivated the same way that he was two years ago".
- Final Fantasy XV's Noctis is the Next DLC Character for Tekken 7
- Olivier Giroud explains why he rejected a chance to join Everton
- Delhi pollution: NGT slams govt, SC to hear plea over rising smog
- Xbox One X Outpaces PS4 Pro Launch Sales in the UK
- Saad Hariri says he will return to Lebanon 'very soon'
- Carbon Emissions Set to Rise in 2017
- OMG: The Weeknd might be dating Justin Bieber's ex Yovanna Ventura
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Return Will Boost United League Title Hopes Says Romelu Lukaku
- Trump Chooses Alex Azar for Health and Human Services Secretary
- Friends rally around Liam Miller as footballer faces cancer battle