Alex Anthopoulos is headed to A-Town.
The announcement of Anthopoulos's appointment will occur here at the GM meetings, perhaps as early as Monday, when the meetings begin.
Hart will be getting what's being termed as a "soft landing" in the wake of the investigation which cost GM John Coppolella and high-ranking scout Gordon Blakely their jobs.
Anthopoulos, 40, had been the Dodgers' vice president of baseball operations, a position he held since he left the Blue Jays after the 2015 season.
Current baseball president John Hart will not retain those type powers, sources say, but is expected to remain in the organization in some capacity, perhaps as more of a consultant. Though Blakeley soon rescinded his resignation, he has not continued as a Braves employee and met again last week with Major League Baseball offficials in NY as part of its investigation. The Braves' first choice for the job had been Royals GM Dayton Moore, but owner David Glass never even granted Moore permission to interview.
Anthopoulos took over as Blue Jays general manager in 2009 and rebuilt that team into a division victor in 2015, ending a postseason drought of 22 years in Toronto.
Anthopoulos, a native of Canada, served as the Blue Jays GM from 2010-2015, after joining the organization in 2003. Anthopoulos is expected to have final say in baseball matters. He somewhat surprisingly left the job after his contract was up after the 2015 season, however, the presence of new Jays president Mark Shapiro meant that Anthopoulos would've essentially been demoted to second-in-command on the team's depth chart of baseball decision-makers.
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom's blockbuster $130bn takeover bid
- Vietnam and China agree to back off conflicts in S. China Sea
- Xbox One X Outpaces PS4 Pro Launch Sales in the UK
- Rockefeller Christmas tree lands in New York City
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 India Price Cut
- Salman Khan shares first look of Race 3!
- Taylor Swift bringing stadium tour to St. Louis in 2018
- Injury fear sees Mane make early Liverpool return
- Unstoppable 'Golmaal Again' crosses Rs. 200-crore mark at Indian Box-Office
- Final Fantasy XV's Noctis is the Next DLC Character for Tekken 7