That wasn't the worst part of Cleveland's first-half performance.
Detroit already knew they'd be without starting right guard T.J. After a 38-yard pass completion from quarterback DeShone Kizer to Sammie Coates, Zane Gonzalez booted a 23-yard field goal for a 3-0 lead with 11:30 to go in the opener. The rookie did not throw an interception in the first three quarters. Of the 22 scores Cleveland has allowed, 17 have been touchdowns and they've allowed all 5 field goal tries. It's the fourth defensive score this season for the Lions, seventh fumble recovery this season for the Lions, and first fumble recovery returned for a touchdown for the Lions since October 2015 (36 games). Starting defensive end Ziggy Ansah (back) was doutbful, and is confirmed inactive for today.
- Cleveland safety Jabrill Peppers is back after missing 2 games with a toe injury.
As the officials blew their whistles, the Browns players - knowing they were out of timeouts - hustled to get lined up.
- Marquez takes pole, Dovizioso starts 9th in MotoGP finale
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka takes aim at moaning Northern Ireland players
- Carrie Underwood injured in fall at home
- England deny Aussies in women's Ashes Test
- Baby Number 3: Kim Kardashian throws a very floral baby shower
- Bruins beaten by Leafs in OT
- Volunteer firefighter arrested after killing another firefighter at crash scene, .21 BAC
- Sen. Bill Cassidy withdraws support for Roy Moore over sexual misconduct allegations
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Photoshop Rumors, Calling Out The 'Haters' With New Pics
- Large natural disaster near Iran, Iraq border