The award winning 34-year-old singer fell outside of her house and sustained cuts and bruises and was hospitalised in Nashville. Her husband, Mike Fisher, was able to make it back into town overnight to be with her and she has since been released from the hospital.
The publicist said Underwood was treated at a nearby hospital and released, however the Grammy victor will not be performing at Sunday night's Country Rising benefit concert in Nashville as planned due to her injuries. Her rep believes her recovery will take time and appreciates any of the prayers sent out by her friends, fans, and family.
On Sunday morning, Underwood said she'll be alright in a tweet and thanked her followers for the well wishes. Carrie said, "thanks so much for all the well wishes everybody", and added that she'd be ok.
News Channel 5 reports Underwood's injury has made her scheduled appearance at Sunday's Country Rising concert impossible.
Other country stars such as Jason Aldean, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum, and Reba McEntire are also set to perform at the benefit concert. The event is raising money for those affected by this year's numerous devastating hurricanes, as well as for victims of the Route 91 Harvest Festival shooting.
- Marquez takes pole, Dovizioso starts 9th in MotoGP finale
- Tiffany Haddish Gives Hollywood Men Some Advice in 'SNL' Monologue
- Can Auburn finally beat Georgia?
- England deny Aussies in women's Ashes Test
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction: How and where to watch the planetary event
- What's The Story Behind DR Horton Inc. (NYSE:DHI)
- San Diego Stairwell Collapse Injures 21 Children In Barrio Logan Gym
- Congress wins Chitrakoot by-election, defeats BJP by over 14000 votes
- Bruins beaten by Leafs in OT
- Apple's Face ID can be bypassed - if you have elaborate resources