Apple tried to inspire confidence in Face ID through a technical white paper released in late September.
Bkav claims this proves facial recognition is "not mature enough" to trust on smartphones and PCs, and if substantiated by others makes it clear that it will not be able to protect your data if you are the subject of a targeted attack.
A leading cyber security firm has created a mask of the human face, which responded to the Face ID feature and unlock the smartphone.
The initial response to rumors that Apple was planning to drop Touch ID in favor of Face ID was mixed. Bkav, however, took a different approach. Really hard to do the "right" mask, without a specific knowledge security.
Security firm Bkav went to the trouble of creating a mask composed of a 3D-printed frame a silicon nose and some "special processing".
With its new flagship iPhone X, Apple has touted just secure the device's Face ID technology is, and for the most part it's been a hit, with relatively few reports of the system not working properly or letting the wrong person unlock the phone.
The mask is said to have cost approximately $150 in supplies, excluding the 3D printer, of course, and took about five days to complete.
When Samsung introduced the Note 8 with its $960 price tag, we knew about Apple's new iPhone X, which will cross the borderline of Samsung with the pricing policy. Well, that depends on who you are.
If the Apple does adopt this new iPhone X-like design, the new iPad Pro could feature a 10.5-inch or 12.9-inch screen in a much smaller form factor.
This article will be removed soon!
- Bitcoin down with $1000 after upgrade is called off
- South Korea Agree to Deal with the North Korea Issue Peacefully
- 'Several' killed after USA airstrike on Al-Shabaab militants in Somalia
- England deny Aussies in women's Ashes Test
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Photoshop Rumors, Calling Out The 'Haters' With New Pics
- RSS worker killed in Guruvayur, Kerala
- Congress wins Chitrakoot by-election, defeats BJP by over 14000 votes
- Bruins beaten by Leafs in OT
- President Widodo, Entourage Arrive in Manila to Attend the ASEAN Summit
- FX severs ties with Louis CK