For more information on ringing shifts go to salvationarmydanecounty.org to sign up.
Olympic hurdler and bobsledder Lolo Jones is fighting to keep families safe and warm this Christmas with a fundraiser dedicated to sheltering the homeless.
Bubon says the familiar red kettles will be at the usual storefronts in Bloomington-Normal, and she has options to place kettles at other businesses that might be interested. Newly appointed Commissioner David Hudson, National Commander of The Salvation Army, has issued a call for action as the holiday season approaches.
The Salvation Army is preparing for the holiday season and needs bell ringers to staff its famous red kettles.
"Over the past year, we have seen an influx of people and the need is higher than it has ever been".
You can stop by the Salvation Army near 27th and Potter.
While many cities' red kettle campaign began Friday, Cadillac's was scheduled for Monday.
The money raised is not only used to provide Christmas assistance.
Twenty-five Red Kettles are going up at stores throughout Bloomington-Normal.
"One of the things that I think is awesome and a lot of people don't realize this, if you're volunteering to ring a bell". Campaign coordinators hope that this year, the community can top that number with a goal of $1.65 million in total. "That doesn't mean you have to ring a bell", Captain Jason Elcombe said.
- Loftus-Cheek 'had a vision' to leave Chelsea
- Chicago to host 2020 NBA All-Star Game
- Jimmer Fredette, Stephon Marbury Get into Shoving Match During Game in China
- Alibaba sales surge to $5 billion in 15 minutes on Singles Day
- Broadband Providers Will Pay Automatic Compensation For Service Faults
- After security breach costs, Equifax clears Q3 with $96M profit
- Rody to ask China: Do you want control of South China Sea?
- Bank of India Q2 profit rises, beats estimates
- Conor McGregor Shoves Referee Marc Goddard at Bellator 187
- 'Fox & Friends' Blasts Media for Ignoring Donna Brazile Who Is Literally Everywhere