Just when we thought Lotus has pretty much squeezed all the performance it could from the Exige, this comes out.
At first glance, it looks like any other Exige, but strip away its carbon fiber panels and you'll find a totally new engine installation complete with a new supercharger, courtesy of Edelbrock, plus a charge cooler, both developed specifically for the vehicle.
Like its predecessor, the novelty is equipped with 3.5-liter "six" Toyota with a mechanical supercharger and a six-speed manual transmission.
The company Lotus introduced the Exige extreme vehicle in the history of the model.
This means the 1,056kg machine develops 424bhp and 440Nm of torque from the 3.5-litre V6 engine, taking it from 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and up to a top speed of 180mph.
As for the body kit, the Cup 430 gets an array of aero elements including an ultra-lightweight front clam with unique carbon fiber ducts, new front splitter and air curtain mechanism, lightweight rear clam panel, and a large motorsport wing. Lotus says the new Lotus Exige Cup 430 can lap the Hethel circuit in one minute and 24.8 seconds, making it the fastest production vehicle to lap the circuit.
As is the case with Lotus, the new vehicle is lighter than the one it succeeds, shedding 12 kg for an overall dry weight of 1,059 kg. This contributes to another statistic - the Cup 430 has a power-to-weight ratio of 407 hp per tonne. For optimum handling, the vehicle also comes with standard front and rear anti-roll bars, three-way adjustable dampers, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and the largest brakes ever fitted to a Lotus production auto.
Providing extra stopping power are forged four-piston AP Racing brake calipers and performance two-piece J-hook brake discs, which are some of the largest calipers and rotors of any Lotus road vehicle. "As well as a significant power hike, the Cup 430 has benefited from extensive development in areas essential to Lotus' DNA, in order to ensure that the full potential of the Exige's incredible chassis can be exploited".
- Alibaba sales surge to $5 billion in 15 minutes on Singles Day
- Oklahoma woman who married mom sentenced in incest case
- What YouTube's Going to Do About Those Disturbing Videos That Target Kids
- Chinese social media app Musical.ly acquired by ByteDance
- Loftus-Cheek 'had a vision' to leave Chelsea
- Ruben Navarrette Jr.: Democrats should listen to Brazile - not silence her
- Rody to ask China: Do you want control of South China Sea?
- Conor McGregor Shoves Referee Marc Goddard at Bellator 187
- Disney Studios Announces New Trilogy of Star Wars
- Eminem Releases New Song "Walk on Water" Featuring Beyonce