Just Dial's stock closed at Rs 500.30 - 9% higher than the previous session's closing on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Over the steep rise in the stock value, the National Stock Exchange (NSE), earlier in the day, sought a clarification from Just Dial on the reports of takeover talks with Google.
"It may take some more time before the discussions are finalised", the banker has been quoted as saying in the report.
Just Dial share price was off day's high in afternoon after its clarification.
In its response to a query from the stock exchange, the company denied being in discussion with Google for the sale of its business and termed the newspaper report as "factually incorrect".
Just Dial Limited is a Mumbai-based company providing local search related services in India.
Google has expanded its services in India by including business listings on Google Map and launch of Google Tez mobile payment app.
Just Dial had reported of being in talks with Google for a collaboration to enhance user experience.
Just Dial recently reported around 26.50 per cent jump in standalone net profit at Rs37.5 crore for the September quarter. In the first quarter, the company posted Rs 38.16 crore profit after tax. The company had reported total operating revenue of Rs. 194.5 crore for Q2FY18, a growth of 7.9 per cent YoY and 2.3 per cent QoQ.
Ravi Adusumalli, managing partner at SAIF Partners, has left the board of Just.
- What YouTube's Going to Do About Those Disturbing Videos That Target Kids
- Portia de Rossi Claims Steven Seagal Exposed Himself During an Audition
- South Africa vs Senegal live streaming free
- Could Little Your Favorite Little Debbie Snack Be Gone For Good?
- At least two dead as building collapses in Russian Federation
- Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- April the Giraffe… Pregnant Again?
- U.S. star Solo accuses Blatter of sexual assault
- Jimmer Fredette, Stephon Marbury Get into Shoving Match During Game in China
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte: I stabbed someone to death