Johnson will write and direct the first installment of the new trilogy, while Ram Bergman will resprise his producer role from The Last Jedi.
What would you want to see from a brand new Star Wars trilogy?
During today's quarterly financial call for the Walt Disney Company, CEO Bob Iger announced that The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson will be helming his own Star Wars trilogy. Lucasfilm dropped the hint the characters will be "from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored". Meanwhile, Lucasfilm previously announced that The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams will helm 2019's Episode IX. These new chapters of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II's single-player story mode will be available December 13.
There are no release dates for the new trilogy yet, but we'll keep you posted.
While we don't know anything official about the Star Wars show quite yet, there's plenty of information out there about Lucasfilm's previous plans to bring live action Star Wars stories to the small screen. Down Star Destroyers the size of cities, use the Force to prove your worth against iconic characters such as Kylo Ren, Darth Maul, or Han Solo, as you play a part in a gaming experience inspired by 40 years of timeless Star Wars films. Experience rich and living Star Wars multiplayer battlegrounds across all three eras: prequel, classic, and new trilogy.
But Johnson proved to be a hit with just about everyone involved with The Last Jedi, and the cast gave him high praise during last spring's Star Wars Celebration.
Also note - this means no Mark Hamill in the next Star Wars trilogy.
- Murder suspect who escaped jail placed on most wanted list
- TSA Fails 80 Percent Of Undercover Screening Tests, Seeks 3D Scanners
- Is Taylor Swift's Team Responsible For Perez Hilton's Twitter Account Being Suspended?
- Louis CK's controversial movie I Love You, Daddy cancels premiere
- New Google file share app doesn't require mobile data use
- Women who use IUDs may have lower risk of cervical cancer
- Jio announces triple cashback offer for Jio Prime members
- EA May Not Release Madden and Other Sports Titles Annually Anymore
- IPhone X parts estimated at US$370: IHS Markit
- Ford India launches all new 2018 EcoSport; here's everything to know