Chiming with Russia's history as a pioneer of space flight, the Telstar name originally came from a type of early satellite.
It resembles the work of a studious graphic design artist who just happened to be handed one of the world's highest-profile assignments.
Argentina superstar Lionel Messi unveiled the 2018 FIFA World Cup match ball-Telstar 18- at a glitzy event in Russian Federation, with several former stars like Zinedine Zidane and Xabi Alonso present.
Argentina's great hope Lionel Messi was joined by the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Xabi Alonso, Alessandro Del Piero, Lukas Podolski and Kaka to unveil the ball on Thursday afternoon.
The friendly match between hosts Russian Federation and Argentina is scheduled for November 11 at the Luzhniki Stadium, which had been idle for the period of reconstruction works since 2013. Two of the stadiums are located in the Russian capital.
Among hundreds of representatives of the media, Barcelona's golden boy walked with the ball in his hand and with the new shirt of the Argentinean national team and taught, for the first time, one of the best kept secrets of the new World Cup. Krasava by Adidas was the Official Match Ball at the FIFA Confederations Cup hosted by Russian Federation in 2017.
The Kremlin in particular will be keen to make sure that the Luzhniki pitch will be up to scratch in the wintry weather that has already seen Moscow's first snow storm.
- The Flynn boys are being investigated for an alleged kidnapping plot
- Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman says she was abused by Larry Nassar
- Veteran's Honor Chair at Chuckchansi Park
- England pace bowler Ball suffers ankle injury
- Uber loses appeal over drivers' rights
- 'Stranger Things' fans crash museum website trying to buy Dustin's dinosaur hoodie
- JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) How Do the Technical Vary?
- Evra given season-long ban by UEFA
- Industrial output grows at 3.8 per cent in September
- Roy Moore: 'Transgenders Don't Have Rights'