First lady Melania Trump had a great panda adventure at the Beijing Zoo, her final solo event in the city of Beijing.
On Friday, Melania had an opportunity to feed Gu Gu, the facility's celebrity panda, and learn about his nutrition and training.
While US President Donald Trump jetted off to a summit in Vietnam after his state visit to China, his wife stayed behind to see the Beijing Zoo's favourite tenants before heading to the Great Wall later in the day.
"The panda star in the zoo is Gu Gu".
Blessed with cute looks and a robust memory, Gu Gu is the zoo's goodwill ambassador and is often introduced to VIPs, director Li Xiaoguang told reporters. "Wonderful to meet Gu Gu!"
Accompanied by China's First Lady Peng Liyuan, Mrs Trump watched a cultural performance, painted pandas and took part in a cooking class at Banchang Elementary School.
The first lady smiled, and Gu Gu chowed down on bamboo shoots and leaves as the children sang. Asked if she discussed her nascent platform - helping children live better lives - with her Asian counterparts, Trump said it was one of the topics they shared. She then presented the students with gifts of plush bald eagle toys.
"They were in the United States before and we have a great relationship with all three of them", she said.
The First Lady rode in a cable auto to a watchtower to visit the section of the Great Wall of China, which is two hours north of Beijing city centre.
- Amazon Rolls Out Pop-Up Shops in Pasadena Whole Foods Stores
- Pitino allegedly knew of bribery scandal
- New Star Wars trilogy raises Disney hopes
- Oppo F5 will use AI to make your selfies even more handsome
- Veteran's Honor Chair at Chuckchansi Park
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) listing spotted on benchmarking site, specs revealed
- Flipkart Billion Capture+ with stock Android announced; price starts from Rs. 10999
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2s Model Accused of Copying Apple iPhone X Designs
- "Higgins" of Magnum PI John Hillerman Dies at 84
- Deepika Padukone denies being a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's next