A division bench of the Kerala high court on Wednesday pulled up the CPI (M)-led LDF government for going soft on transport minister Thomas Chandy over the charges of land grab and reclamation of backwaters against him. It said the Special Investigation Team probing the cases used "dubious methods" to ease Chandy out of the probe.
Saritha case was that it was only for a Solar project that she contacted the chief minister and power minister Aryadan Mohammed directly and over the phone in Saritha's presence, the CM had called Aryadan on phone.
Though Chandy sought a copy of the report to know of the Commission's "facts and findings", it was not provided by the government, which said it has to be tabled in the house first.
The commission also reportedly submitted to the cabinet that former minsters who were involved the inauguration of the Team Solar company were also culpable and attracted investigation. However, in December 2016, Chandy deposed before the Commission and said that the charges against him were politically motivated.
Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala has said that the UDF can not be touched by the report submitted by justice Sivarajan Commission that investigated the solar scam.
The CM said the report has been tabled in the Assembly taking the public interest into consideration.
Justice G Sivarajan Commission, which probed the scam, found that former CM Oommen Chandy and his personal staff had helped Saritha S Nair, the prime accused in the scam.
So far, all the 134 previous judicial probes were tabled in the course of regular assembly sessions.
The CM who had in a press meet on October 11 named several political leaders from the opposition United Democratic Front led by the Congress, while announcing a fresh probe in the scam. The government had referred the probe report by Alappuzha district collector T V Anupama into the alleged land encroachment and lake encroachment by Lake Palace Resort owned by Chandy to the ad vocate general for legal advice. It was also made a decision to register criminal cases against politicians named by prime accused Saritha S Nair over her alleged sexual exploitation. In October 2013, and in December 2016, they were arrested.
- Kevin Durant Injury Updates: Warriors Forward To Miss Wednesday Night's Game
- Ellen DeGeneres 'Proud' Of Portia De Rossi Recounting Steven Seagal Harassment Encounter
- Celtics' Horford out against Lakers with possible concussion
- White House Statement on Iranian-Supported Missile Attacks Against Saudi Arabia
- Gossip Girl Star Ed Westwick Accused of Rape
- Police official, two others killed in Pak
- Jalen Ramsey called AJ Green soft and weak
- Pixel 2 XL Screen Flashes When Locking or Unlocking, Some Users Report
- 'Undateable' Creator Adam Sztykiel In Talks To Write 'Black Adam' Movie
- Lockheed Martin receives contract to develop laser weapons for USA fighter jets