Now, according to a now-pulled app on Google Play reported by 9to5Google, the company is testing a new Files Go app. Google is currently running an early access program, which is currently full, so the majority of users can not download it right now.
According to ZDNet, Files Go may be launch by next year and it will help Android users to transfer files from one phone to another without feeding on the mobile data. The main screen shows how much storage is being used, and also shows different ways to clear space. Recently, a fake WhatsApp messenger has been discovered by Reddit users on Google Play.
Google's smart file manager also has a new and interesting feature to share files offline.
As expected of any self-respecting file manager app, Google Files Go app offers suggestions to users to help them delete apps and programs that are sparingly used and needlessly take up space. "We have nothing specific to announce at this time". The company hasn't officially released it yet, but now a beta version of the app is available on the Play Store.
There are two tabs on the Files Go app, with one being Storage and the other being Files. While it's not ideal, when it does work, transferring files from an iOS device to another iOS device, or from an iOS device to a Mac (and vice versa) is like magic. However, the audio, video and image files can only be shared within Bluetooth range. You can both send files and receive files wirelessly through this app. The app itself is 5.41MB, which means it is not as big as other file sharing apps like Xender.
The Files Go app will also list every app on your Android device that you are not using. If the app isn't showing on the Play Store, then you can download the beta version APK from the link below.
Essentially, Google has chose to capitalize on the interest in the new app, thanks to its exposure through media coverage. It tricks users into handing over their bank details by presenting an overlay window which looks identical to a bank's app login page.
All in all, we really liked the Files Go app from Google.
- Doctor Who's first female Doctor, Jodie Whitaker, gets a fantastic new costume
- European Union slashes United Kingdom growth outlook due to Brexit 'uncertainty'
- Don't write off Chelsea in Premier League title race - Lampard
- OnePlus 5T to skip wireless charging, CEO Pete Lau confirms
- China can 'fix' North Korea problem 'easily'
- Breast cancer can return 20 years after the all-clear
- UCLA's LiAngelo Ball, two teammates arrested in China for shoplifting
- High levels of lead found in fidget spinners
- HC refuses to stay Tipu Jayanti fete
- Wrapping Your Router With Aluminum Foil Improves Wi-Fi Signal, Study Says