Delhi air pollution: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) pulled up the Delhi government, he city's municipal corporations and governments in neighbouring states for "playing" with the lives of people. As per reports, the air quality index has dangerously crossed the 448 points which is very alarming.
In view of "life-threatening" pollution levels in the Delhi NCR region, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday sent notices to the Centre and the governments of Delhi, Punjab and Haryana.
It has been reported that the air quality in the world's most polluted capital city plunged to levels likened to smoking at least 50 cigarettes in a single day.
Earlier, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, if the need arises decision on Odd-Even formula will be taken by today or tomorrow.
"Until state governments don't find economically viable solutions to crop burning it will not stop".
With this, the Indian Medical Association declared a "public health emergency" and appealed to the Delhi government to issue a health advisory for high risk people that include children, the elderly, pregnant women and those suffering from respiratory and heart ailments.
"We are not expecting a dramatic change in the next two- three days".
NGS also issued direction for sprinkling of water where Suspended Particulate Matter is found to be in excess of 600 micrograms per cubic metre.
The body asked the Delhi-NCR governments to start preparing for measures like odd-even and a complete ban on construction activities if pollution aggravates.
Sisodia, who is also Delhi's education minister, convened a meeting of officials of education, health and environment departments over shutting schools.
"For a month (from mid-October to mid-November) the whole northern India becomes a gas chamber, not just Delhi". Proposals of alternative roads to link the highways to avoid entry of the heavy vehicles inside the cities have been in the contemplation but no effective steps in this regard have yet been taken", NHRC added, "Reportedly, the smog is a deadly mix of crop-burning pollutants coming from Punjab and Haryana and the moisture entering the region from Uttar Pradesh.
- Justice League's Budget Reportedly Revealed
- Kevin Durant Injury Updates: Warriors Forward To Miss Wednesday Night's Game
- Dead grasshopper found in Vincent Van Gogh painting
- Tokyo Hopes to Solidify Cooperation with Washington
- United States joins Saudi in accusing Iran over Yemen moves
- NY says 'no' to constitutional convention
- Taylor Swift Wins CMA Award for Song of the Year
- Terry Crews has reportedly filed a police report about his sexual assault
- Jalen Ramsey called AJ Green soft and weak
- Jack Butland to be handed chance to impress for England against Germany