The article, dated 5 September and titled "Swiftly to the alt-right: Taylor subtly gets the lower case kkk in formation", also criticises the singer for not endorsing Hillary Clinton ahead of last year's U.S. presidential election.
Herning writes that Swift "is giving support to the white nationalist movements through lyrics that speak to their anger, entitlement, and selfishness". "The similarities are uncanny and unsettling", Herning wrote.
In a letter dated 25 October, Swift's lawyer accuses Ms Herning of defamation and demands the article's removal, alongside the publication of a full retraction. In 2013, her lawyer had to send a warning letter to Pinterest when a teenager named Emily Pattinson started spreading memes which had Swift's photos alongside quotes by Adolf Hitler on the popular social media site.
Continuing her string of performances, SiriusXM also announced this morning that Swift will perform an exclusive acoustic performance in front of select subscribers tomorrow to celebrate Reputation's release. Given that she is a public figure, not a private person, she would have to show in court that the blogger made the statements with "actual malice" - in other words, knowing they were untrue and publishing them specifically to destroy the pop star's character. In his post, a man's hand was seen holding Swift's album with the back of Reputation exposed. Swift, along with a critical interpretation of some of Ms.
Swift's previous album, 1989, is still her biggest-selling release to date and has sold upwards of 6 million copies, with around 1.3 sold in its first week.
Swift's legal team have sent a letter to Herning instructing her to retract the post.
"The press should not be bullied by high-paid lawyers or frightened into submission by legal jargon", she told Variety. "Swift." The letter went on to state that Swift is "prepared to proceed with litigation" if the story isn't removed.
This isn't the first time that Swift has courted a controversy of this nature.
But Herning thinks writers should learn to defend themselves.
Or, do you think that this is not really going to do anything for Swift and be an annoyance to Scandal fans?
- TripAdvisor will identify hotels where sexual assault has been reported
- Murder suspect who escaped jail placed on most wanted list
- It Looks Like Remy Ma Is Finally About To Have Her Moment
- Ford India launches all new 2018 EcoSport; here's everything to know
- HC refuses to stay Tipu Jayanti fete
- Drake Chasing First Edition 'Harry Potter' Book
- Cursive writing now required in elementary schools in IL
- High levels of lead found in fidget spinners
- Don't write off Chelsea in Premier League title race - Lampard
- Germany's Boateng out of England clash, Kroos doubtful