Both pro and anti Tipu processions have been banned.
The court instructed the government to maintain law and order during the jayanti celebrations.
The High Court of Karnataka on Tuesday refused to pass any interim order against the celebration of Tipu Jayanti in Kodagu and undivided Dakshina Kannada districts.
As many as 13,000 policemen, along with personnel of the Garuda Commando Force, 30 platoons of the Karnataka State Reserve Police (KSRP) and 20 platoons of the City Armed Reserve (CAR), will be deployed in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, he added.
Referring to Chief Minister Siddharamaiah's remark that those who do not know history will oppose Tipu Jayanti, Ramdas said that the Chief Minister will be despatched a set of history books which have explained Tipu's cruelty based on real facts, on Nov.10.
A day after Karnataka High Court refused to stay the Tipu Sultan birth anniversary celebrations, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) workers on Wednesday protested against the planned commemoration at Town Hall in Bengaluru.
The Congress government in Karnataka has been celebrating Tipu Jayanti over the past three years to honour him as a freedom fighter. He also spoke about the money to be spent by the government on such events.
Tipu was a ruler of the erstwhile kingdom of Mysore.
Tipu Sultan is also viewed in a negative light in Kodagu district of the state where he is alleged to have persecuted the local Kodava population, as also the Roman Catholics of Mangaluru, on religious grounds and forced conversion to Islam.
- Vodafone and Cityfibre bring gigabit-speed fibre to the UK
- New Google file share app doesn't require mobile data use
- SpaceX rocket engine explodes during test, probe launched
- AT&T Likely Would Win Court Fight Over Time Warner, Analysts Say
- Skipper Kohli backs Dhoni after criticism wave
- High levels of lead found in fidget spinners
- California NAACP wants 'The Star-Spangled Banner' removed as national anthem
- Trump attending state dinner in Beijing
- Remembrance parade and service
- Tom Brady isn't masking his respect for the Broncos