"No woman or man should announce they're running for president unless they can answer two questions", Biden said. "The honest to God answer is that I don't know", he said.
In one clip, which touched on the loss of his first wife and daughter, Biden recounted a memory of something his mother had told him.
The interview comes as Biden continues to publicly ponder whether he'll jump into the 2020 race.
"But anyway, yes, I understand", she said.
'My numbers on trustworthiness, honesty, and empathy were as high as they had ever been.
"A month out, I came back and said, we're going to lose this election", recalled Biden. "And I was strongest where the most formidable candidate, Hillary Clinton, was weakest: the key swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida".
The moderator of the cancer update took a detour to the results of Tuesday's election, the gains by Democrats and asked the former vice president whether the electorate was expressing its displeasure with President Trump, the incivility on display in Washington and the rise of nationalism across the country.
This latest condemnation of the president has many people raising eyebrows and wondering if Biden could be throwing his hat into the ring for a presidential run against Trump in 2020. "The idea that I would use my son's death to political advantage was sickening".
A portion of Biden's exclusive interview with Winfrey was aired on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday morning.
In his new memoir, former Vice President Joe Biden says he knew he was capable of beating Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, but he decided not to run for fear of a "stop at nothing" campaign by her backers. "I think America's so incredibly well-positioned".
On Ellen, Biden chose his words carefully, repeating that he has not made a decision while also suggesting that it's "nice" people seem interested in his running for president.
- Nintendo Switch Debuts Its First Streaming Service
- American Candidates Targeted by Racist Flyers Win Elections
- Women who use IUDs may have lower risk of cervical cancer
- Humans to vet Facebook revenge porn photos
- Louis CK's controversial movie I Love You, Daddy cancels premiere
- Red Sox prospect Daniel Flores, 17, dies of cancer
- Starting from Shampoo Until Handmade Furniture May Get Cheaper Soon
- IPhone X parts estimated at US$370: IHS Markit
- Drake Chasing First Edition 'Harry Potter' Book
- Colts Release Cornerback Vontae Davis