Elections were held on November 7 for the state executive, including governors, legislative, municipal and school boards in New Jersey and Virginia and for other state bodies, local boards, judicial bodies and vacancies in other states.
"Thank you for having faith in me, for having faith in our community, faith in our state, and faith in our country; this is what America is all about", he told his supporters. "We've been through a bruising campaign. but now is the time we come together and see who we can work with to bring this city forward".
Now, the polls are over, the dust has settled and Ravi Bhalla, the Sikh man in question, has risen as the mayor of the small town.
The candidature of Bhalla, an attorney and civil rights activist who has been on the city council for more than seven years, was very strongly endorsed by outgoing mayor Dawn Zimmer.
He bested a six-person field of challengers that included council members Michael DeFusco and Jennifer Giattino, as well as Hudson County Freeholder Anthony Romano, the report said. However, a major controversy was created a few days back after flyers were spotted on vehicle windshields on Friday night.
Bhalla had been the subject of anonymously distributed flyers that labeled him a terrorist. If there were any doubt about how unpopular Christie had become, exit polls cleared the air: almost eight in 10 voters said they disapproved of Christie's performance as governor, according to NBC News. "Of course this is troubling, but we won't let hate win", Bhalla tweeted with a picture of the flyer. Below their pictures, the mailer read, "The Chinese and Indians are taking over our town!"
- SpaceX rocket engine explodes during test, probe launched
- China can 'fix' North Korea problem 'easily'
- Skipper Kohli backs Dhoni after criticism wave
- New Google file share app doesn't require mobile data use
- TripAdvisor will identify hotels where sexual assault has been reported
- Doctor Who's first female Doctor, Jodie Whitaker, gets a fantastic new costume
- California NAACP wants 'The Star-Spangled Banner' removed as national anthem
- Wrapping Your Router With Aluminum Foil Improves Wi-Fi Signal, Study Says
- Colts Release Cornerback Vontae Davis
- It Looks Like Remy Ma Is Finally About To Have Her Moment