U.S. Rep Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio, sent a letter November 2 stating he will not seek re-election and will finish out his term representing the 21st district of Texas. At the end of this Congress, I will have completed my six-year term as Chairman of the Science, Space, and Technology Committee. Pat Tiberi, cite opportunities outside of Washington as their reason for retiring. He also encouraged Americans to get their news from President Trump and not the news media. He was first elected in 1987, which means he will have served for more than three decades by the time he retires.
Derrick Crowe, democratic candidate was challenging Smith for the seat.
"I have busted my ass to get a million two in the bank", Sessions said off the House floor on Thursday, apparently referencing his campaign war chest. Even so, Smith said there was still much left to do in the 14 months remaining in his current term, according to the Tribune. "The legacy of a couple of these guys.is going to be missed". John McCain and another Texas Republican, is also not running for re-election in 2018.
- Spot Check on Stock With Abnormal Activity FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ:FEYE)
- NYC terrorism suspect once lived in Cuyahoga Falls, records show
- Peru Index MSCI Ishares (EPU): Following the Numbers
- The Twilight Zone: CBS All Access Developing Series Reboot
- The Amazon.com's (AMZN) "Outperform" Rating Reaffirmed at Cowen and Company
- Shooting in NYC; Man yells "Allahu Akbar"
- Brook Lopez Scores 27, Lakers Burnt 103-100 to Blazers
- USA supersonic bombers conduct exercise in South Korea region
- Jawan lost his life during Pulwama encounter
- Four Weddings and a Funeral headed to TV