Do you think Tyrese Gibson will make good on his promise to leave the franchise if Johnson's Hobbs is in Fast 9?
Gibson, who plays Roman Pearce in the high-octane action movies, has publicly pleaded with Johnson not to star in a Fast and Furious spin-off movie with increasingly desperate messages, to which his co-star has not responded, at least publicly.
"I'm sorry to announce that if Dewayne [sic] is in Fast9 there will no more Roman Peirce [sic] - You mess with family and my daughters survival I mess with yours".
A new video has surfaced, via TMZ, of the Fast & Furious actor breaking down in tears while wearing a sweater with his daughter's name on it.
The actor and singer took to his Instagram Wednesday to announce that he won't be appearing in the next movie in the franchise if Johnson is also taking part.
The statement apparently stemmed from Tyrese's anger at The Rock for doing a FF spinoff with Jason Statham, which Tyrese seems to think is responsible for delaying the production of Fast 9, now pushed from an April 2019 release to April 2020.
"Hello world. hello loyal fans and loved ones from OUR fast universe".
Neither Gibson or Johnson is an original Furious cast member. Johnson came aboard for the fifth installment, 2011's Fast Five.
Johnson hasn't addressed the critical Instagram post or previous posts made by Gibson. Universal Studios declined to comment. Now, the singer/actor is threatening to quit the franchise if Johnson is in the ninth film. User phillytheboss wrote, "Chill out bro".
- NYC Attack: Blasio, Cuomo Blast Trump's 'Finger Pointing'
- Jaipur Mayor to send opponents of 'National Anthem, Vande Mataram' to Pak!
- Iowa State upsets TCU
- Police warning: Needles discovered in Wisconsin city's Halloween candy
- Central Intelligence Agency reveals what was on Osama bin Laden's computer
- The Boss! Nicki Minaj Addresses Rumour About Collaborative Song With Cardi B
- Justin Trudeau dresses up as Clark Kent (and Superman) for Halloween
- Elgin Man Charged With Killing Mother Who Was Reported Missing Friday
- Second Uzbek man sought for questioning in NY attack probe
- White House Backs Off Attacks Against Mueller