Being a player who is looked upon to score, Van La Parra said "I am an attacking player so of course the goals are important - also for the confidence" and knows " I have to step up my game more because the way we play it asks a lot defensively so offensively you are sometimes a little bit too exhausted. We'll have to wait and see what he decides.
"Tonight and especially tomorrow will be the first time I really think of the line-up and know 100 per cent who is available".
"But I think I have to find a way to do the same offensively that I do defensively". "We want three points, a clean sheet and a better position". I have a lot of respect for him and for his decisions.
Much has been made of the Merseysiders' poor defensive record and lack of options at centre-back in particular, but they are arguably at their strongest in central midfield.
Maribor have won both their domestic league matches since losing to Liverpool.
The Brazilian forward missed the Reds' 3-0 thumping of Huddersfield with a thigh injury.
"When I think about a lineup, the last game has influence, the next game never influences it".
Klopp also confirmed Sadio Mane and Adam Lallana are making good progress in their recovery from injury, although he does not expect either to return this week. Our aim is to go through this group stage.
Sturridge could make his first start in Europe's premier club competition as a Liverpool player on Wednesday against Maribor at Anfield. "But I am enjoying my football again in midfield".
Can Liverpool really put to bed the questions over their home form in terms of scoring goals and being solid at the back?
A win looks a certainty and after the weekend I'd give every player who has been on the fringes, the likes of Ben Woodburn, Emre Can and Daniel Sturridge the chance to come in, with six or seven changes.
"As the game went on, I was out there thinking: 'This team are really hard to break down.' There wasn't much space, they were defending so deep".
- Upper Merion Police Shoot Suspect in Armed Robberies
- Dolphins Trade Jay Ajayi To Philly
- Judge blocks Trump from barring transgender troops from the military
- Eurozone growth rises at an annual pace of 2.5% in Q3
- Michael Carrick returns to Manchester United training after mystery illness
- Australian citizenship row entangles another politician
- With Sprint T-Mobile Merger Called Off, What's Next?
- Karan Johar REVEALS Why He & His Team Decided Not To PROMOTE Ittefaq
- Christopher Bailey to leave Burberry next year
- Drug take-back collects 3500 pounds of pills