Thakur also said that four deaths are confirmed into the incident, while two people are undergoing treatment at the hospital, whose statements will be recorded once there condition is stable.
This tragedy occurred while there is a blanket ban on alcohol production and consumption in Bihar.
Four people died after consuming spurious liquor in Rohtas district of Bihar, following which nine police personnel were placed under suspension on Saturday.
Rohtas district magistrate Animesh Parashar said that he had recommended action against assistant excise commissioner and excise inspector (Bikramganj) for laxity on their part, which emboldened locals to brew liquor in the village.
Eight police officials have been suspended, even as opposition Rashtriya Janata Dal on Saturday alleged that illegal liquor trade is "flourishing in the state at the cost of the poor". The Gopalganj tragedy was first such incident after prohibition was imposed across the state. "He is not even concerned with its implementation because the whole thing was politically motivated", Yadav, who now holds no position in Bihar politics and remains under the scanner of different anti-corruption agencies including the CBI, said in Patna on Saturday.
"All over Bihar, people are dying of spurious liquor and the Chief Minister is not concerned about it at all".
He said it appears that Kumar had announced prohibition only because of the "prime ministerial ambitions that he nursed at that time". "Now as an ally of the BJP, which is in power in all these states, can he hold similar public gatherings in these states?" "Liquor was being sold in the village with the help of local police", a villager said. "How will the ruling dispensation muster the moral strength required to strictly enforce the ban on sale and consumption of liquor". "The people of the State will teach a befitting lesson to this corrupt and inefficient Government at an appropriate time", he added.
- House Passes A Budget For 2018; Clears The Way For Tax Reform
- Markelle Fultz out indefinitely with right shoulder injury
- Most Texans players join 11 Seahawks in protest
- Tottenham Hitman Kane Ruled Out Of Man United Clash
- Sunscreen Snow Falling On Exoplanet Detected By Hubble Space Telescope
- Journalist fraternity backs Vinod Verma, demands evidence from police
- Patriots Hold Off Chargers 21-13 for 4th Straight Win
- Adam Sandler Is Being Criticised For Repeatedly Touching Claire Foy's Knee
- Bears' Zach Miller Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury That's Difficult To Watch
- White House opposed vote on Israel 'annexation' bill