Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz is "out indefinitely with soreness and scapular muscle imbalance in his right shoulder", the 76ers announced on Sunday. After a three-week rest period, Fultz will be re-evaluated, possibly with an eye on surgery.
The troubling aspect for Sixers fans is how often they've seen their No. 1 overall picks miss time due to injury.
1 pick has been meeting with multiple specialists, all who have confirmed Fultz does not have structural damage. Fultz will continue physiotherapy treatment and be reevaluated by Dr. Kibler in roughly three weeks. In fact, it's miraculous that Fultz played at all to start the year, given that he wasn't able to even shoot long jump shots.
On Wednesday, the 76ers said Fultz was expected to miss three games, which would have put him on track to return for Wednesday's home clash against the Atlanta Hawks.
Fultz averaged 23.2 points in his one and only college season at Washington.
People close to Fultz, including his personal trainer, say Fultz changed his shot because of the discomfort in his shoulder. That includes losing four of their first five games, but the 76ers did beat the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday (Oct. 28) to get another notch in the win column.
- Texas A&M's home losing streak to SEC West opponents is incredible
- Rahul Gandhi's dog tweet irks Assam minister
- Tottenham Hitman Kane Ruled Out Of Man United Clash
- Bruce Maxwell arrested in Scottsdale
- LeBron James Says Cavaliers Are 'Fine' Despite Early Season Struggles
- Alert security guard foils ATM robbery bid in city
- White House opposed vote on Israel 'annexation' bill
- WWE Releases Darren Young, Summer Rae
- UP board class 12 exams 2018 to to begin from February 6
- Caitlyn Jenner Fulfills 'Fantasy' Of Walking On The Beach In 'Authentic Self'