"Harry Kane underwent assessment and investigation earlier this week, which confirmed a minor strain to the left hamstring", the tweet read.
But Pochettino, speaking ahead of the game, noted that it was "impossible" for Kane to feature at Old Trafford after picking up a hamstring injury.
"We can not take a risk for tomorrow, we'll see after for Wednesday".
However, the Argentine boss admitted he feared for Kane's recovery after the match, replying: "We'll see" when asked if Kane would be fit for Saturday.
"Yes [it is a blow], you always want all the players available".
"The players are not machines and it is so hard to cope with worldwide duty and playing every three days", he added. "There is no sense in taking that risk and making the problem bigger".
Spurs are placed third in the Premier League table while Manchester United are second in the table, level on points with Spurs. Kane now leads the Premier League top scorers' chart with a tally of 8 goals so far, along with an assist.
The England striker sat out Spurs' surprise Carabao Cup loss to West Ham in midweek, having limped off gingerly towards the end of their 4-1 win over Liverpool last weekend.
Kane's absence will come as a huge boost for Manchester United as the England global is the league's most in-form player.
- Caitlyn Jenner Fulfills 'Fantasy' Of Walking On The Beach In 'Authentic Self'
- Roger Federer overcomes Juan Martin Del Potro in Swiss Indoors final
- Two US Navy SEALs 'investigated over Green Beret strangulation death in Mali'
- Alert security guard foils ATM robbery bid in city
- Falcons vs Jets Week 8 Game Recap
- Journalist fraternity backs Vinod Verma, demands evidence from police
- Sunscreen Snow Falling On Exoplanet Detected By Hubble Space Telescope
- Texas A&M's home losing streak to SEC West opponents is incredible
- Three Eagles that are key to a victory against the 49ers
- White House opposed vote on Israel 'annexation' bill