If you've ever sent your boss a risqué WhatsApp message intended for your partner, help is at hand to ensure that it does not happen again.
We have all been in the situation of sending the wrong message to the wrong person.
Messages you successfully delete for everyone will be replaced with "This message was deleted" in your recipients' chats.
After much deliberation, the popular communications app has begun to roll out the "delete for everyone" feature. "Delete for everyone" finally deletes any message sent via the app, and everyone will no longer see it in the chat window.
It's the feature that could save you a world of embarrassment - taking back a message you wish you never sent.
Message recalls should now be possible to all users that have the latest version of WhatsApp. Tap and hold the message and choose Delete from the menu. Namely, that they will be able to delete both their copy of the message and the one sent to the receiver, in an action also known as message recalls.
Tap Delete Delete for Everyone. Two is that if someone already opened and read the message, your deletion will only affect their ability to take a screenshot or search for its content later: they already saw it and that's the end of it.
"If you or your recipient are not using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone, this feature will not be supported", WhatsApp said. The report says it will work for all texts, images, videos, GIFs, voice messages, contact, files, location, quoted message, and status replies on WhatsApp.
If I delete a message, it gets removed from my device and a "You deleted this message" shows up in its place. "Your recipients will still see the messages in their chat screen", WhatsApp said. "The feature is being slowly rolled out and users can reinstall WhatsApp in order to download from the server the latest configuration", WABetaInfo said.
- Texas A&M's home losing streak to SEC West opponents is incredible
- Barzani announces his resignation as Iraq's Kurdish leader
- House Passes A Budget For 2018; Clears The Way For Tax Reform
- Markelle Fultz out indefinitely with right shoulder injury
- Selena Gomez talks about kidney transplant
- Adam Sandler Is Being Criticised For Repeatedly Touching Claire Foy's Knee
- United Kingdom officials to investigate minister in sex harassment case
- Most Texans players join 11 Seahawks in protest
- Florida Fires Head Coach Jim McElwain
- Colton Haynes and Jeff Leatham Wednesday in Palm Springs