Signed by Iran, Germany, Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States, the landmark accord saw economic sanctions on Iran lifted in exchange for Tehran curbing its nuclear activities.
Yukiya Amano, the director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), "will focus on the IAEA's verification and monitoring of Iran's implementation" of the 2015 accord, the IAEA said on October 25.
It is scheduled that Amano, who is on a visit to Tehran, will also meet Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Earlier Sunday while at a news conference, Amano said that "as far as nuclear-related commitments are concerned" Iran is implementing the requirements of the deal.
Recent Iranian missile launches have triggered U.S. sanctions and accusations they violate the spirit of a 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and major powers.
"The agreements have been made over section T and different aspects were taken into considerations while its formulation and like other provisions of the historic deal, the opposite party resorts to the interpretations according to its taste and wishes", added Iranian Top Diplomat.
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said Tehran will stick to the agreement as long as the other signatories do, but will "shred" the deal if Washington pulls out, as Trump has threatened to do.
Rouhani spoke days after the U.S. House of Representatives voted for new sanctions on Iran's ballistic missile programme, part of an effort to clamp down on Tehran without immediately moving to undermine an global nuclear agreement.
Speaking to parliament Sunday, Rouhani vowed Iran would continue its ballistic missile program.
Amano's day-long visit to Tehran is very important regarding the recent dispute initiated by the US President Donald Trump over the nuclear deal, which came into force a year ago.
- Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Upgraded to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research
- Nine sailors high on cocaine while serving on Navy submarine sacked
- Saudi Arabia gives citizenship to a robot, claims global first
- Teenage Model Dies After Working 13-Hour Fashion Show
- West Virginia inmate escapes jail disguised as civilian
- Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 WC: Bronze for Brazil
- Armstrong Henry H Associates Boosted Union Pacific (UNP) Position By $780300; National Bank of Canada (TSE:NA
- Virginia Tech-Duke live scoring summary
- Clariant, Huntsman abandon $20 bln merger as opposition intensifies
- No 25 Iowa State knocks off No 4 TCU