Whatever caused the suspension, Stone has been skirting notions of propriety since he worked for Richard Nixon in the 1970s, and he promptly fell back to supplementary Twitter accounts to keep yelling at people on Friday.
He called Lemon an "ignorant lying covksucker" (sic), and a "dull witted arrogant partyboi", adding: "You fake news you dumb piece of shit".
Stone, the consultant and lobbyist whose devotion to Republicans from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump was chronicled in the Netflix documentary Get Me Roger Stone, flew into high dudgeon Twitter mode after Lemon tweeted the news that a Washington D.C. grand jury filed first charges in Robert Mueller's Russian Federation investigation. But according to a Twitter source "with direct knowledge of the situation" who talked to THR, the ban is permanent.
Incendiary Republican adviser Roger Stone has been suspended from the social network - and might be gone for good - after unleashing foul-mouthed insults at two prominent reporters. He said Lemon should be "humiliated, mocked and punished".
While the company has spelled out the policy, it is very discretionary, leaving many to question why Twitter suspends some accounts, yet allows others to continue their "abusive behavior".
He told Fox News his ban was scheduled to last "for 3 hours and 12 minutes" at least 16 hours ago, but the account is still suspended as of publication time. "While I am uncertain why, sometimes the stark truth offends some people", he wrote. "I'll be baaaaak [sic]".
In a Facebook post, Mr Stone said he believed his suspension should have ended "some time ago yet my Twitter feed is still not functional". Not just the cable news channel as a blank stand-in for his disdain toward the mainstream media, either-Stone went personal.
- No. 9 Notre Dame stays hot, blasts No. 14 NC State
- Florida State skid continues, Seminoles suffer crushing loss at Boston College
- Teenage Model Dies After Working 13-Hour Fashion Show
- NM senators oppose proposal to increase national park fees
- Feng shoots 65 to lead Sime Darby
- Security Chief In Gaza Survives Assassination Attempt
- Vettel takes pole at Mexican GP as Hamilton settles for P3
- No 25 Iowa State knocks off No 4 TCU
- Trump Responds to Michael Moore's Broadway Show
- Saudi Arabia gives citizenship to a robot, claims global first