A Pakistani anti-graft court on Thursday issued a bailable arrest warrant against ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif after he failed to appear before it in two cases of corruption spiralling from the Panama Papers scandal.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif will leave for London, sources said.
In addition, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and some members of the federal cabinet will also be a part of the high-level PML-N meeting, reports added.
They are expected to hold important meetings in London to discuss the current political scenario. Dr Asim Hussain submitted that earlier the apex court had allowed him to go overseas for medical treatment after which he returned to Pakistan saying he was surprised that the concerned authorities again included his name on ECL.
Sources said that the ex-prime minister may return to Pakistan at the start of November and present himself before the accountability court.
The Pakistan Supreme Court had asked the NAB to file four references against the Sharif family in connection with their Avenfield and other properties on July 28.
Nawaz, who was now in Saudi Arabia, is expected to leave for London on Sunday (today), he said. Nawaz had been in London to spend time with his wife since October 5 until October 23, when he left for Jeddah.
Sources said Sharif during his brief stopover in Riyadh met with his Saudi friends to win their support in the wake of challenges he had been facing at home since his disqualification. It had dismissed his application seeking exemption from personal appearance before it.
- NM senators oppose proposal to increase national park fees
- Virginia Tech-Duke live scoring summary
- West Virginia inmate escapes jail disguised as civilian
- South African Miller blasts fastest T20I century
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) & 13 other parties report more expenditure than income
- Armstrong Henry H Associates Boosted Union Pacific (UNP) Position By $780300; National Bank of Canada (TSE:NA
- Arun Jaitley slams Chidambaram, says Kashmir problem a Congress legacy
- Stock'S Earning Overview Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Feng shoots 65 to lead Sime Darby
- Suhana Khan's latest viral pics prove SRK's daughter is ready for Bollywood