The Patriots dominated the possession game, holding the ball for for just under 37 minutes to the Chargers' 23, racking up 27 first downs to the Chargers' 16. Stephen Gostkowski tacked on four field goals. After an offside penalty, the Chargers gave up a 71-yard kick return to Dion Lewis. However, the Chargers would fail to convert a two-point conversion, giving the Patriots a five-point lead, 18-13. Nick Novak had a 51-yard field goal attempt partially blocked by Lawrence Guy.
They have a bye following Sunday's contest, so they don't suit up again until they face the Denver Broncos on the road on November 12th, which may be flexed to be a Sunday night game.
The Chargers final drive would end when Rivers would throw an interception to Jonathan Jones to end the game.
The New England Patriots have won their fourth Super Bowl in the Brady/Belichick Era by defeating the Seattle Seahawks 28 - 24 in Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona.
Against the Patriots on Sunday, Benjamin pulled off what might just be the worst punt return in National Football League history. His short tenure with the team has been infested by roadblocks and obstacles.
- Bruce Maxwell arrested in Scottsdale
- UP board class 12 exams 2018 to to begin from February 6
- Stock'S Earning Overview Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Jordan Spieth admits former President Barack Obama recently beat him at golf
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation's (NYSE:MPC) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Cowen and Company
- Caitlyn Jenner Fulfills 'Fantasy' Of Walking On The Beach In 'Authentic Self'
- Elmhurst Police Department to host prescription drug take-back day
- Bears' Zach Miller Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury That's Difficult To Watch
- Real Madrid beaten in Girona amid Catalan crisis
- Sharif brothers to meet in London