Old and unused medications can be an unexpected and sometimes forgotten danger in your home.
Less than 24 hours after President Donald Trump declared the opioid crisis a national public health emergency, law enforcement from across Kentucky announced another step to get drugs off our streets. These include the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, 212 W. Wesley St.; the Michigan State Police post, 3401 Cooper St.; the Jackson Police Department, 216 E. Washington Ave.; the Columbia Township Police Department, 8500 Jefferson Road; and the Grass Lake village hall, 119 N. Lake St.
900,000 pounds worth of prescription drugs were turned in during last year's National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
"We need to dispose of them properly, instead of just dumping them into the water supply or dumping them into the trash", says Marilyn Britten.Читайте также: Washington State vs. Arizona live stream
Many who misuse medications, which often leads to illicit drug use, begin by taking pills prescribed to other people.
The goal is to help lower the chance of drug abuse and improper disposal.
Which is why Oleksyk believes this initiative is a positive step toward prevention, one that collected 53 lbs worth of un-wanted pills. Many people save their medications up because they don't realize a drop box is available all the time.
"Each state police troop has a drop off location that you can drop off medications pretty much any day of the week Also if you visit DEA's website, they have a list of drop off locations". The medication is then given to the DEA and later destroyed.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Upgraded to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research
- Lin-Manuel Miranda developing 'Kingkiller Chronicle' series with Showtime
- West Virginia inmate escapes jail disguised as civilian
- No. 9 Notre Dame stays hot, blasts No. 14 NC State
- Armstrong Henry H Associates Boosted Union Pacific (UNP) Position By $780300; National Bank of Canada (TSE:NA
- Trump Responds to Michael Moore's Broadway Show
- Forecasters: Prepare for heavy rain
- Twitter is finally cracking down on some of Donald Trump's closest allies
- Security Chief In Gaza Survives Assassination Attempt
- Stock'S Earning Overview Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)