That's why the French car-maker made the extra effort and significantly re-engineered the Cactus, making it the first European model to come fitted with its new hydraulic suspension, as it targets now to a much wider audience. There's also a new storage space on the centre console that incorporates a smartphone docking area with 12V and USB sockets And, as with the outside, so with the inside, the Cactus gives buyers lots of choice.
Instead they are replaced by smaller panels at the bottom of the doors in similar vein to that on Citroen's smaller C3 hatchback.
Tech stuff now includes autonomous braking, driver attention warning, blind spot, park assist, traffic sign recognition and more.
The newcomer is slated to be on sale in the spring of 2018 and starting prices are likely to be below £17,000 with the range still topping out around the £20,000 mark. The Cactus gets the company's "Progressive Hydraulic Cushions" suspension, which is says "filters out road imperfections and gives passengers the feeling of travelling on a magic carpet". Citroen has also added new optional seats that are filled with high-density foam for even more comfort.
The seats are also said to be harder wearing than before. Inside, the new C4 Cactus features a very similar layout to the previous auto, and the low-set dashboard retains a fully digital instrument panel, with two screens.
Linda Jackson, CEO of Citroen, said: "Citroen's objective is to be the benchmark in terms of comfort and, as a mainstream brand, to bring this all-new comfort to the greatest number of people".
Now, though, as Citroen continues to develop its Aircross range of SUVs, the C4 Cactus has been stripped of its pseudo-SUV styling to help set it apart in the range - its Airbump protection is now much less of a statement.
It went on to become synonymous with the DS models and more recently with the Xantia, C5 and C6 saloons.
- Florida Investigating Whether It Can Fire Jim McElwain Without Paying Buyout
- Australia's deputy PM disqualified
- Peel Hunt Cuts Greene King plc (GNK) Price Target to GBX 625
- Kenny Rogers: I'm retiring from the road
- Expect big offense with No. 11 Oklahoma State, No. 22 WVU
- Man handed 24-year sentence for infecting 30 women with HIV
- NC State's attempt to catch Notre Dame offside turns into pick-six
- Mesut Ozil: 'I want to give my all to Arsenal'
- PKL 2017 final: Gujarat Fortunegiants lock horns with Patna Pirates, Match Preview
- Nepal bus crash kills 31, several injured