Cate Blanchett was met with cheers and applause at the InStyle Awards on Tuesday night when she gave a speech explaining that women wearing sexy clothes is not an invitation for sex. She says that mothers have told her that their daughters like their hair now because she wore an Afro.
While most of the attendees honoured at the event offered standard, thank you speeches, Blanchett delved deeper into what it means to her to be a style icon. She made it clear they deserve better than to be constantly watching their own (and each other's) backs.
"You look at everything all over the world today, and how women are dressing and what they are asking by just presenting themselves the way they do", Karan said to the Daily Mail.
Trust us, you'll want to click through to see every unforgettable look your favorite stars wore. Do you want me to throw you out?' But the comments that get said about what women wear on the red carpet - I mean.
During her acceptance speech, the Oscar victor made a humorous comparison in order to make a stellar point about the way women present themselves.
Cate Blanchett says a woman's freedom of expression has nothing to do with the desires of men.
Blanchett said true icons of style are "women who know how they look is not all of who they are, but just an extension of that".
- UK's contested Brexit bill faces Nov 14 battle in Parliament
- Lawmakers seek probe of power contract to Interior chief's neighbor
- Brit faces media ahead of Joshua vs Takam
- Trump readies opioid plan, but some worry it won't be enough
- Start the conversation about breast cancer risk
- Twitter debates legacy of Tipu Sultan after President Kovind praises Mysore ruler
- Machado is Orioles' lone Gold Glove finalist
- Conneaut baby murder suspect spotted at a Sheetz in Pittsburgh
- Insys Founder Charged in Bribe Scheme Linked to Fentanyl-Based Painkiller
- Scotland's population growth could be hit by Brexit