"The routine involves twirling in circles with perfectly co-ordinated hand movements and footwork", explained Padmavati's official Twitter handle.
The actress went through rigorous training of the traditional Rajasthani folk dance form (ghoomar) under the tutelage of noted expert Jyothi D Tommaar and picked up its nuances within a few weeks, which takes months to master otherwise.
Apparently, the actress did 66 twirls for the song and she learned the Ghoomar style from a professional expert, Says a source, "It is an extremely hard performance art that takes years to learn, Deepika had to pick up the steps within a matter of days and she mastered it".
Shahid Kapoor looked every bit like royalty as Maharawal Ratan Singh.
Deepika spent 12 days rehearsing the 'Ghoomar' number and 4 days actually performing it on camera.
The upcoming movie had earlier run into controversy after Rajasthan-based Rajput community group Karni Sena claimed that history was being distorted. The song is choreographed by Kruti Mahesh Midya and sung in the soulful voice of Shreya Ghoshal, with music by the maestro Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Singh will be playing Alauddin Khilji.
Ever since the trailer of "Padmavati" was released, reports of Shahid's nuisance with it started making rounds and recently the news of Shahid and Ranveer's refusal to promote the movie together is in a way confirming the rumors.
- Suspect arrested in Grambling State University shooting
- ICICI Bank July-to-September Net Profit INR20.58 Billion Vs INR31.02 Billion
- Tag: OnePlus 5T Launch
- Coffin Assault Sentences: 11 & 14 Years -- Defence Appealing
- BJP demands George's ouster yet again
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Shares Bought by OLD National Bancorp IN
- Conte slams b******t reports of Chelsea mutiny
- Mega Carnivore Dinosaur Discovered In Southern Africa
- Liverpool ace Philippe Coutinho ruled out of Huddersfield clash with injury
- Britain claims that North Korea was responsible for WannaCry ransomware attack