"I am of the opinion that if Nehru had given him (Patel) the freedom to tackle Jammu and Kashmir, like he did with the other kingdoms, the history of the state would have been different", he said.
Sharma said the accession of Jammu and Kashmir with India was "full and final" adding that the party was celebrating the accession day as Vilay Diwas (Integration Day). He is not. There is no need for dialogue in Kashmir.
To mark the occasion, the state BJP conducted a meeting on Tuesday to discuss preparations on the Accession Day of the state with the dominion of India under the chairmanship of its state president and MLA Sat Sharma along with state vice-presidents Yudhvir Sethi and Parmod Kapahi, state general secretaries Narinder Singh and Harinder Gupta. We have no idea what people mean by "dialogue". Senior BJP leaders including Union minister Jitendra Singh, deputy chief minister Nirmal Singh and party's Jammu and Kashmir in-charge Avinash Rai Khanna are expected to take part in the main event in the winter capital, he said. "If somebody has to talk, he can contact Sharma ji", Kaul said. He is not an interlocutor, his appointment is to carry forward the process set into motion by (Union Home Minister) Rajnath Singh so that nobody can say tomorrow that a dialogue is not happening.
The BJP will celebrate October 26, the day Maharaja Hari Singh signed the instrument of accession of Jammu and Kashmir with India in 1947, as "Vilay Diwas" and with the same gusto as Diwali is celebrated.
"The operations against terrorists will continue as before".
Asked who the purported "stakeholders" in Kashmir were, Kaul said, "From a child of nine to a man of ninety, they are all stakeholders in Kashmir".
The minister also said that history had not done justice to Maharaja Hari Singh. The PDP's member of the Legislative Council, Yuvraj Vikramaditya Singh, who happened to be its Jammu face and also the grandson of late Maharaja, has resigned from the party in protest over non-fulfillment of this demand. "The injustice with the Maharaja had started the day (former prime minister) Jawaharlal Nehru chose to deal with Jammu and Kashmir on his own and sidelined Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel".
- The Anheuser Busch Inbev SA (BUD) Rating Reiterated by RBC Capital Markets
- Stock Drawing Back Today: Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG)
- Why Should Investors Reconsider? Amazon.com, Inc
- Tampa Mayor to Police Investigating Shooting Deaths: 'Bring Killer's Head to Me'
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) Rating Reiterated by Citigroup Inc
- Brit faces media ahead of Joshua vs Takam
- Has Starbucks Gone Too Far With the Zombie Frappuccino?
- NIA raids residence of Shahid Yousuf in Budgam
- No role for Assad in Syria's future: Tillerson
- You Can Now Add Multiple Stops to Your Uber Ride